My place to relive the journey that I hope will help me Learn to Love Alaska....
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Today, I miss home!!
Most days I do good with being so far away from my family and home but today I miss "home!" I miss the Rockie Mountians and drives up Provo Canyon to see the changing leaves. I miss Peach Days in Hurricane and good friends that I spent many a day with, but mostly I miss my moms and my sisters!! I was so hoping that the fair would give Me the opportunity to see them all but it did not and now I am trying to deal with that reality! I would not say that I hate Alaska, I don't, it is actually quite breathtaking, it's just not home and despite my best efforts and countless prayers that I will feel at peace, I don't! As I prepare to go back to work later this week and I hold a sick baby in my arms praying he gets better before then, I realize that while I love my job and enjoy what I do my true calling is Motherhood and that if given the chance to stay with them I would in a heartbeat! So today I miss home in more ways than one I miss being a stay at home mom, I miss my mom, I miss my sisters and friends, I miss my brothers laughs and my sisters in law and I miss my dad!!! I miss home!!! So I'll have my pity party tonight and in the morning I'll put my shoulder to the wheel and be thankful for the sunshine this week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment