Music is such a great part of my life, you can often tell the kind of mood I am in by the kind of music I am listening too. I love how music can change your mood, transport you through time, sooth a tired soul, uplift another or just plain make you smile! This past year my theme song has been "You Know Better Than I" from Joseph, King of Dreams. Tonight as I type I am listening to David Lanz's, Cristiforis Dream! It has long been a favorite of mine.. Tomorrow as I clean I will probably throw in some Cher, Pink or something else that makes me want to get up and clean. As I read a friends post tonight I thought of music and the memories it has created in my life. Micheal Jackson will forever remind me of my sister Michelle, Tusk by ABBA reminds me of my mother, as does Patsy Cline and so many others. Pump up the Jam reminds me of Tani, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band reminds me of Lori, Bee Gees of Jodie, White Snake reminds me of Brenda, Heart reminds me of Debbie, Roxette of Fishers and so many other songs and memories that I can recall that I could go on forever....
Sometimes music is a prayer for me and often a hymn will come to mind when I am struggling and need a boost. Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel often comes to mind and so does Oh How Lovely Was the Morning...The Old Rugged Cross reminds me of Arnie (my dad) and it can bring me to tears almost any time I hear it.
As I sit here tonight I am reminded of my goal that someday soon I want to learn to play the piano, it has been a life long dream of mine. Piano music reminds me of my mother and is somehow my connection to her father whom I never had the pleasure of meeting on this earth. Since childhood I have heard stories of his piano playing and the beauty of it. I have many musically gifted cousins and extended family members but have never tried it for myself. So soon I will grace some poor piano teacher with my presence and learn to play...
So for tonight I miss my sisters, mothers and good friends and I am thankful for the music that makes me feel close to you all........
Oh and if I can ever figure it out there will be music on my blog someday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment