Today I needed to recharge my battery more than most days. Yesterday I worked from 11 am till a little after 11pm. We were down a couple closing cashiers and I volunteered to stay. I figured a couple hours of overtime would be helpful so I stayed to help. My feet hurt so bad by the end of the day and all I could think was that I so badly wanted to come home and take a nice hot bath, but that was not meant to be. We are still without water and the house smelled like a port-a-potty!!! So gross!! I used the rest of the bottled water I had and only got half of it to flush. So off to bed I went with the hopes of waking up to the sound of running water but that was not meant to be either. I was so discouraged this morning. I wanted to shower before church and the laundry and dishes are piling up but what could I do, it is out of my hands. I can do NOTHING about it! I fought off the urge to stay home from church and feel sorry for myself, carried buckets of snow into the house to melt so we could flush the toilet and got 5 kids ready for church. As we rushed around the house and got ready for church the maintenance man came to work on unfreezing the pipes. I left for church feeling a little encouraged that when I got home there could be water.
Off to church we rushed and as I pulled out of the driveway I realized that the gas gauge was on empty and the miles till empty meter was at zero! I wanted to beat Phil, he had been driving the van for the past three days, why was it on empty? UGH!! So I stopped at the nearest gas station and put in 10 bucks because it is cheaper at work and I am not filing up the tank there for 3.95 a gallon! Finally we made it to church and of course we were waiting in the lobby but they opened the overflow and we got to sit through sacrament meeting. After sacrament I walked the little ones to their classes and was on my way to the mother's lounge to rock a very tired Cody when my brother in law came up and said someone wanted to see me. It was Sister Dance! Yay!! I love that woman! Brother and Sister dance are the mission Presidents for Alaska and I have had the pleasure of hearing Sister Dance speak before. She is such an awesome woman and has such faith. When I was baptized this past September they came to my baptism. It was so good to see her and hug her. Instantly my entire crappy, self pitting morning was wiped away and I felt a feeling of peace come over me. We have only met a few times but each and every time she treats me as if I am the only one in the world at that moment ( I am pretty sure she treats everyone that way!)
After visiting with sister Dance I walked the halls for a while till Cody fell asleep and then I actually got to go to Relief Society! It has been a couple of months since I got to sit through Relief Society. When we got home there still wasn't any water and there won't be any water today but the landlord brought 5 gallon buckets of water so no more melting snow and is going to take money off the rent for the trouble. The maintenance man said he would be back in the morning to crawl back under the house to cut open the exposed pipe and replace it if necessary, and despite the laundry and the dishes piling up I am surprisingly relaxed and just happy that THIS landlord is willing to do what it takes to fix any problem that arises! SO for today my battery is running on half charged instead of half dead and I am content and thankful for God's tender mercies that can even come in the form of a hug!
Oh my goodness I forgot to mention that I got to see the Northern Light (aka Aurora Borealis) this week! What a BEAUTIFUL sight! Hope it is brighter in the hear future or I get a better lens for my camera so I can take a good picture...
No comments:
Post a Comment