Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh the woa's of moving!!

I am SOOOO glad that this week is over! I am exhausted and there is still a whole house full of boxes to put away here. Last Wednesday we signed our lease agreement and I worked till close, Thursday I dropped Addie and Philly at school but kept Sadie to help with the babies and we came over to the new house to paint. My beautiful sister in law Tina (whom I could not have pulled this off without) came and helped me paint. We painted the whole house on Thursday! Friday I packed all day and Saturday morning  my brother in law brought a uhaul and Brother Shawcroft came over with the a few of the young men from the ward to help us move. I was so thankful for my brother in law and Brother Shawcroft and the boys, we would not have pulled it off without them! Sunday morning I just sat on the couch and watched the kids play for a little while. Oh! I forgot the best part, when we got here Saturday morning the pipes were frozen and guess what? No WATER!!! SO anyway, Sunday we went back to the other house and I cleaned everything including the carpet, it looked better than when we move in! To bad I had nothing earthly to gain from it because we did not even pay a deposit to the dork! I was so tired last night and so ready for a shower and still no water! I went to bed a stinky, tired stressed out mess but heaven help me about 4 am I heard a beautiful noise! Running water!!! Yay! Took the kids to school and came home to have a much needed shower. Alas the shower was only luke warm and I froze my butt of the whole time, but I am clean!!Barely got through three boxes today but got the drain in the tub replaced and Phil changed the shower head. Thought that maybe the lack of hot water was because the water heater was empty but no such luck! Poor little Lillie and Addie came out of the bathroom shivering. I played with the water heater to no avail, my children shall remain stinky for yet another day! The stupid thing is that I can get hot water in the kitchen but not the tub. Plus the water was all murky and brownish, not sure if that's normal but I am not sitting my parts or my kids parts in that for sure!! Ugh!!  Still as I sit here tonight with the house warmed by the pellet stove and 4 out of 5 kids sleeping I am thankful that everything is okay and that for tonight all is well.

On another note I found the recipe box full of recipes from Dan's Foods that my Dad gave to each of us years ago and found myself suddenly sitting back in his garage laughing with the girls and putting them together. He was so proud of all of his recipe collecting. I can picture his face, remember the smell of the room, the smell of him, man it made me so homesick for him!! I thought of him a lot this week and as I struggled to get through the week and wondered what he would say to me. More than that I longed for a hug from him and the feeling of complete safety that came with it. Through all of this one song kept going through my head over and over again. You Know Better Than I from Joseph King of Dreams. I have not heard the song for sometime but it was more than fitting to me because of course "He" knows better than I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment